Congratulations to Phil and TONY for their 2003 Ameche/Abitz League Championship!
Also congratuations to all the money winners:
4. Bob SR
With this championship, TONY has completed perhaps the best fantasy league year in history. Three (actually, 2 1/2) rings (in the NL, Basketball and Football) along with a pair of second place finishes (Wally World H2H league, AL). It also takes him off the hook in football, and, not least of all, also gives Phil Ryan his first-ever ring in any discipline. Great job, guys.
The count on TONY's 8 (actually, 7 1/2) rings:
Not Ready League: 1990, 1997, 1998, 2001
Berkshire/Abitz League: 2000, 2003
Wally World Basketball: 2002-03
Alan Ameche League: 2003
Again, if you are playing in the postseason tournament, add $15 for each of your own or sponsored entries. All winnings and payouts will be tracked here as Week 17 Kitty Entries.
Note to Derek: You could not start McNabb as you called in your lineups after the first game on Saturday started. The rest of your Saturday guys automatically carried over from Week 16.
Holcomb: Greg, 6 (next: Walt/Bruce, 5)
Q. Griffith: Bob SR, 22 (no other bids)
We will once again be having a post-season tournament this year. Specifics are as follows:
- Cost=$15.00. This will be added to your balance due or deducted from your winnings at the end of the year. Any winnings will also be added to your year-end balance.
- Outsiders are welcome; however you are responsible for any individuals you 'sponsor.'
- Using year-end salary values, select 3 QBs, 3 RBs, 5 WR/TEs, 1 K and 1 Defense with a salary cap of $250. You may also call in one additional RB or WR/TE that fits under the cap (see details below.) Free agents (excluding players in their last year) have a default salary of $10.
- This year, you have a choice of either taking the traditional salary cap bonus (1 point for every 3 dollars under the cap, up to a max of 20 points) OR picking one additional RB or WR/TE.
After the first week but before the second week ONLY you can substitute your replacement player for any other player at his position. You would not be required to use the sub, however once you make the change the election is irrevocable, and the replaced player cannot return to your lineup.
- All Ameche League scoring rules apply.
- Rosters must be called in before the first playoff game on Wild Card Weekend. If you want to use your sub you must call it in BEFORE the first game of the second round.
- The prize is winner take all, unless we get substantial participation.
FAAB/2004 Dollars status:
Bruce/Walt=34/260 Greg=42/258 PGar=21/259 Phil/TONY=9/260 Tom=49/260 PGia=0/260 Craig=0/261 Dave/Brandon=42/262 Bob JR=43/260 Bob SR=31/260 Derek=50/260